TITLE: Energy Efficiency Manager
REPORTS TO: ARPA Manager
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT / TEMPORARY
SALARY: Up to $85K/Year DOE
Under the general supervision of the ARPA Manager, the Energy Efficiency Manager will be responsible for managing the Kotzebue Energy Efficiency Project which includes workforce development, heat pump demonstration and weatherization program. The Energy Efficiency Manager will develop and implement
strategies to make the Kotzebue Energy Efficiency Project sustainable over the long-term.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with the planning and execution of energy efficiency priorities and objectives with the Energy Project Manager and Housing Department
- Manage the the Kotzebue Energy Efficiency Project which will include heat pumps, weatherization, workforce and business development
- Participate in Energy Audit, weatherization and train the trainer courses, teach and develop energy efficiency workforce after being trained to do so
- Developing relationships and working closely with various stakeholders including state and federal agencies and local organizations
- Identify and acquire funding
- Maintaining positive customer, employee and public relations
- Organize, develop and maintain files and records
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 1 year of general accounting experience, preferably in accounts payable or accounts receivable
- Experience with general office equipment including scanner, copier, fax, and printer
- Familiarity with QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Gmail, and Google Docs
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Ability to communicate, both orally and written, including the ability to analyze information in a logical, sequential manner, and to make presentations of findings.
- Familiarity with housing, construction and weatherization
- Experience in business or management, ability to learn
- Familiarity with grant writing and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of office administration and word processing, data entry and spreadsheets.
- Knowledge of the lifestyles and culture of the people of Kotzebue and the Northwest Arctic.
Native preference will be given in recruiting and hiring, consistent with the Indian Self- Determination and Education Assistance Act, P.L. 93-638, as amended.
Kotzebue IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment.