|TITLE:||Temp Accounting Clerk|
|REPORTS TO:||Deputy Director|
|CLASSIFICATION:||NON-EXEMPT / PART-TIME TEMPORARY|
Under the general supervision of Deputy Director, executes routine accounting clerk assignments, including invoicing, accounts receivables, and maintaining the file system and general office duties and related work as required. The Accounting Clerk will participate in cross training of duties in the finance department for coverage of other accounting duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Match accounts payable invoices with existing voucher requests. Create vouchers requests as needed.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Maintain relationship with vendors regarding payment on account.
- Participate in cross training of duties in the finance department for coverage of other accounting duties.
- Provide direct office support including maintaining general office appearance, typing and telephone reception when necessary.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent plus 1 years of general accounting experience
- Must have a valid Alaska Driver’s License
- Understanding of GAAP accounting principles
- Familiarity with Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in entering financial data
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Proficiency with 10-key typing and data entry
- Deadline-driven with excellent time management ability
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Experience with accounting software.
- 1-3 years of experience working with payroll, accounts receivable, and accounts payable
Native preference will be given in recruiting and hiring, consistent with the Indian Self- Determination and Education Assistance Act, P.L. 93-638, as amended.
Kotzebue IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment.