TITLE: Grant Writer
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
CLASSIFICATION: NON-EXEMPT / PART-TIME
Responsible for the overall planning, coordination, development, writing, and editing of grant proposals to ensure submission prior to deadlines. Analyze grant records or reports to assess accuracy, completeness, or conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Seek local, state and federal grants based on program and project priorities.
- Monitor grant portals for available requests for proposals and notices of funding opportunities that align with the priorities of the Tribe.
- Write, edit and prepare written application including project narratives, program
- measures, goals, and grant-specific budgets with sufficient time to review and submit to the granting agencies.
- Meet regularly with Administration to understand needs and gaps in funding to establish
- priorities in grant seeking efforts.
- Provide funding opportunity information to Department Directors.
- Ensure that proposals are technically responsive and presents the projects in the most
- favorable way including adherence to submission requirements, content is responsive to
- scoring criteria and priorities, and reflects the highest professional presentation of
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Minimum of 5-years’ experience required.
- Very organized with the ability to complete multiple projects simultaneously, meet
- deadlines, work effectively under pressure, use independent judgement, and produce
- high-quality work.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivated with purpose and accuracy.
- PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of the project or product.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software.
- Knowledge of Database and Internet software.
Native preference will be given in recruiting and hiring, consistent with the Indian Self- Determination and Education Assistance Act, P.L. 93-638, as amended.
Kotzebue IRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment.